Strive for the best, make Him famous!
A compilation of tips, recommendation and advice in pursuing excellence
Steps to finding your life’s purpose
Recommendations that often lead to great success by Rick Warren. Gotten from his book Purpose Driven Life
Consider your dreams. Clarify your values. Set some goals. Figure out what you are good at. Aim high. Go for it! Be disciplined. Believe you can achieve your goals. Involve others. Never give up!
Reflecting on these tips will greatly help you to achieve your goals. Observe that it started with a “dream”. Dreaming Big and believing that you can do it! And you will be amaze that if you just dream and believe…you will achieve your goals beyond you can imagine!
→ But the most important part is to know your life’s purpose. The purposes God created you and not just existed
Helpful tips to study your course successfully
If you wish to earn happiness, laziness may appear attractive but work gives satisfaction – Anne Frank
2. Have a positive mental attitude that you can understand the subject with a clear thought.
3. Read to understand “why”, and work on problems to understand “how”.
4. Use the “Six R’s” Method
• RECORD – have a note or outline of the subject matter.
• REDUCE – reduce your notes into phrase or keyword.
• RECITE – restate the idea in your own words.
• REFLECT – restate the idea in your own words.
• REVIEW – recall daily what you’ve learned into the past.
• RECAPITULATE – have a whole picture of the topic.
5. Take control of your time. Spend some time for study each day so work will not pile up.
6. Simplify complex concepts by using diagrams, shortcut methods, etc.
7. Reward system – reward yourself for your accomplishments.
8. Maintain your health by exercising and eating quality healthy and memory foods.
9. Strive for excellence.
10. Always ask for GOD’s help (Philippians 4:6)
→disclaimer, I’ve just got it to a particular book ( accounting book if I’m not mistaken🙂 )
Verse to remember:
If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in a prayer – Matthew 21:22
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set the fire. If others do the 50 push ups, you do 51. If they go the extra miles, you go the extra 10. If they are fast, be faster. If they are smart, be brilliant. If they have the bigger hammer, you have the sharper nail. Don’t solve the problems, anticipate them. Don’t promise results, get them. Treat every challenge as an opportunity in work clothes. Know that well done is better than well said. That is not just the hours you put in, but what you put into the hours.
Let other dream of worthy accomplishment. You stay awake and do them. Believe you can’t be beaten and you won’t be beaten. That there is plenty of room at the top, but not enough to sit down. It’s easy to put these words down on paper, start putting them into practice…and excel still more…
Post you might also like:
Benildean’s College life